Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bluebear the homeless pup

Traz and I walked to the park this morning, it was a day like every other. Foggy and cold, normal Oregon winter. I love the fog, I feel invisible in it, I like that. I feel like we are alone. Today like so many lately , I could hear the voices of the homeless people. Now that you can't drive through the park because of all the trees down, the people are moving in. I heard them rattling a container and calling to a dog. Today I didn't feel like seeing what I know my eyes would hurt to see, so Traz and I walked the other way. A moment later I heard a cry and then another, we ran in the direction of it. Here were a man and woman curled up in sleeping bags and a tiny GSD pup tied to the picnic table beside them. She said the pup bit her so she hit it. My heart skipped a beat. No more a painful word could I have heard. I tried everything I knew to convince them to give me that pup, nothing worked. I even went back to my office and got all the money I had and tried buying it from them. No luck. Homeless, a bike and belongs, she 5 1/2 months pg and he on some sort of disability, but they were holding onto that pup as if it were their most priced possession. I even asked if I could take it to the vet and bring it back to them. All the while thinking, I wonder if I could really do that, bring it back, I doubted it. I lost today, but will try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home