Monday, May 28, 2007

New And Old


Avery is in love with the view from his new second story window. He sits here until he's so tired he falls asleep. I caught him just as he was drifting off , and still, for a change. He is sleeping on the oldest thing I own, a Cedar chest my folks bought me when I was a teenager. Back then they were called Hope Chests, I guess hoping to get a husband was the idea of it. Mom and Dad filled it with things I would need, silverware, plates and such. I have all my prized possessions packed in it now, old albums, my wedding dress (that Mom made) old things of my husband Lances too. Tomorrow will be one year since Mom passed away. It hardly seems possible that it's been that long. We went to the cemetery as a family yesterday, it was nice. We talked of old times gone by. Jan brought flowers that we placed on all three stones. I didn't feel sad like I worried I would. I felt so happy to be there with the ones I love. To have had those wonderful memories of growing up with people that loved life and had no regrets of how they lived it. Today I am grateful to be free. To have wonderful "dog nose art" on every window in my house and in my car and to love and be loved by wonderful people and beautiful dogs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

My word, Avery is getting big! I'm glad you didn't feel sad at your mother's gravesite. My mom passed away last November, and while there are times when I still want to pick up the phone and call her, I don't feel sadness that she isn't there to answer. It is just a fact of life. She is enjoying a new adventure and I'm okay with that.

My wall mirror has "nose art" on it, where Celeste flirts with the puppy in the reflection.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home