Saturday, April 26, 2008

Delilah

This is Delilah. My sis sent this picture to me
yesterday. Samson and Delilah were the first two farm cats we got after we all moved to the farm. I'm thinking she must be 13 years old or older by now. She doesn't actually live at the farm anymore, but visits from time to time. Cats are funny that way, if left to live outside, they wander. We lost Samson many years ago, I don't know that he even lived to be a year old. I was heading out to work one early morning and there lay Samson, on the road. I scooped him up and brought him home. Lance buried him next to our house, it was very hard on both of us. Samson was gone, but never forgotten. Delilah went on to have one litter of kittens before we had her spayed. What fun that was! There were 6 or 7, some had the extra toes like she does and some had these crazy long tails. Toby is the only one left that still comes to the farm. Delilah wanted to have them right in our front yard, but we took her in a box to the old tack room in the barn. The kittens could come out underneath the barn as they got old enough and run right back in when something scared them. I cant count the nights Lance and I sat on the hay deck watching those kittens play in the pasture as they grew up! We laughed endlessly at them jump at nothing and chase imaginary things around the fields. Cats are so different from dogs. I love how independent they are. Today I am thankful for the sunshine and spring flowers that cover the ground in the park. I'm thankful Jan is so thoughtful and sent this picture that brought back some wonderful memories too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home