Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring is in the air

I started walking Avery and Traz separately, last week. It works much better. I can work with Avery and enjoy my time with him at the park, and he's learning better. Traz and I take a long slow walk, just the kind he likes, he stops to pee on everything and I stop to look at birds and windflowers, I'm glad that's not the other way around, ha ha ha. I finally broke down and paid $21.99 for the gentle leader, its a collar and strap that goes over the nose. Avery is under control at last....!!! It really works! I was amazed. He walks by my side and barely pulls on the leash at all. He never felt anything I put around his neck, so nothing worked before this. It makes walking him a true joy. I feel a little sad though, just like I always do when the final stages of training come around, its the end of them being a puppy. Time goes so fast. All three dogs are enjoying the spring weather, Nixie is doing OK with her itching and will do better as summer comes on. I was thinking back to last year, thinking the one great thing I did for myself and would recommend to anyone, get a massage, at least once a month. I have been getting a 1 hour massage every 3 or 4 weeks for several months now and it has truly made a difference in my life. I get it on Friday and the relaxed feeling lasts way past the weekend. I think it's the "doing" something for myself part that helps the most. I see a vulture flying over the neighborhood tonight, a true sign that spring has arrived in Oregon is when they come back after the long, cold winter. Today I am thankful to have wildflowers and green grass all around me. Thankful we have 3 wonderful, healthy dogs and thankful its nearly the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home