Saturday, April 05, 2008

Family Christmas 2007


Hey, its only taken me three and 1/2 months to get the Christmas picture posted..! Life is busy, just the way I like it. Avery is away this weekend. He has been really lonely for other dogs lately so I took him to the kennel, which is a big horse and dog farm in the country. He loves it there and barked the whole drive on Friday. I know hes having a great time, but I miss him.
This is a great picture, we had another wonderful Christmas at my sister Jan's. (she and Perry are front and center) Nancy was able to join us too, which was an added treat as we don't get to see her as much as We'd like (Jon's girlfriend, in the pink) Always love seeing Curtis(behind Jan and Perry) I still think of him as a young kid, is that a sure sign I'm getting old or what?!?!? ha ha. I love that my Dad was feeling good and had a great day. My brother Jon, just being with him makes me happy. My sister Jan, I never seem to get as much time with her as I would like, but we really know how to make the most out of what we get. I sometimes wonder if we would ever run out of things to say if we were given an unlimited time to spend together, I somehow doubt it...! Lance, my forever best friend and perfect partner. We are going to Celebrate our 29Th Anniversary this summer...I hope the next 29 go a little slower. Lately we have had a running joke....we got this cookie/bone jar at Costco...One day I said, every time I reach in the jar for 3 bones I come out with 4..do you think that means something....he laughs and says...over my dead body are you getting another dog...! A few days later he said...every time I reach in the jar I come out with 2 bones....! ha ha, he thinks he's funny....and he usually is. Laughing together is a great thing. Today I am thankful for a little extra time for myself. Thankful the rain is starting to slow down and thankful for a wonderful family to love and be loved by.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

What a great Christmas photo! It must have been a wonderful Christmas.

Doesn't Avery get enough play with the other two dogs at home? I suppose They are slowing down and Avery is just winding up these days. All the dogs are beautiful! How funny that Avery reserves his "up ears" for special times. :o) And the rest of the time he lets them flop at the ends.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home