Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A day like any other

Today was a day like any other, except it was my 48Th Birthday. Holy Cow...that sounds even older when you type it..! Im happy to be this age, in more ways than I can count. First of all, I wasn't always sure I would make it this far. Life wasn't always easy for me, on more than one occasion over these years, I really questioned the point of moving forward. Those years seem to finally be behind me. I feel calm and safe in saying, I love my life and wouldn't change it. I know those past years are what got me here, but I do hope for most people they are kinder than mine were. That being said, I had a fabulous birthday. It started with a young man flipping me off on the way to work, I can only assume I wasn't driving fast enough. The great part about it was, at 48 years old, you laugh those hand gestures off, and know, someday he'll be sitting right where you are, if he's lucky. Avery and I took a great long walk to the river after lunch. A young lady and her dog jogged by, Avery being Avery, jumped on the dog to play, the girl was mad as heck at her dog for playing, she dragged him away, yelling his name "Winston". All I could think was how lucky I am to enjoy the day, for its smells, cool wind and a wild pup with a mind of his own at my side. I use to be strict with the dogs, when I was young. Now all I want is them to have enough training to be safe around roads, other dogs and people. Avery is all the above now. I was reading in a magazine the other day about how you don't have to do something huge to make a difference in this world, that struck me so true. Now I can see being here has purpose, some are as small as saving as small runty, wrinkle headed pup like Avery to the larger ones like sitting alone with my Mom when she left this world. Today, I look in the mirror and like what I see, not just in my reflection, but in my eyes too. Lance built me a beautiful planter box for my hens&chicks, a perfect gift to end the perfect day. Birthdays, keep um coming, I will be thankful for 48 more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I turn 50 this year, in July. I can't believe it. I don't feel 50, but I supposed that it's all relative. Hmm. Sometimes I think I must be counting wrong. How can it be 50?

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home