Sunday, August 03, 2008

Clear day at the coast


You would have to click on this picture to make it big enough to see the light house in the distance, but its there! Most Oregon coast days are so foggy you wouldn't ever be able to take this picture. We were very luck to stay on a weekend in June that it was clear and sunny and warm! This was a dog less weekend. They are needed now and again, just to remind me how much I miss the three darlings when separated from them. We are planning a trip to Crater Lake next month and plan to take Nixie along. For the past 3 weeks Nixie has been a different dog, she feels good and is NOT itching. Very rare for her. She plays with Avery constantly and has even wanted to play ball in the shop again. I want this to last and i want to believe it will, so I'm making the reservations and keeping my fingers crossed for mid September. I get very little time with Nixie, so this will be a special treat. All three dogs come to work with us, every day. Traz and Avery stay with me in my office and Nixie rides in the truck with Lance, for the morning. Our shop is right next to a huge park, so all three dogs get walks to the park every morning and some afternoons, depending on how busy I am. This is the perfect life, the life I always dreamed of, I am one lucky person......!! Avery has decided on nights that Nixie is in the bed in the hall, he should sleep on the bed with us. The first time he did this, I tried to move him off, but he turned into a boneless blob and wouldn't get down, so now I just try to keep him on my side, near my feet. He only stays an hour or so, then gets down. To be honest, I kind of like feeling his warm back fur on my legs.....! Today I am thankful for three healthy dogs an another perfect sunny summer day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home