Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Nixie's favorite place

When Nixie was a puppy the only time I could get her to settle down was if I let her on the sofa. She would lay there by my feet happy as can be. I stopped letting her up there once she turned a year old or so (really Lance made me stop) but when she got sick one time a few months ago, back up she came. Now she spends evenings there, laying near my feet as we watch TV. I love the feeling of having her that close, being able to pet her anytime I want. Lance gave in and doesn't seem to mind it. When I bring them home at noon from work, she gets up in this spot on the sofa and I pat her head on my way out the door. She loves her afternoon nap time.
The other morning Lances said, I think my mind is slipping as I don't remember Sasha (our first GSD) to well anymore. As we talked I think he realized he still remembers all the times they shared, he just doesn't remember much about the day to day living with her. She was by far his favorite of all, but I think Nixie is a very close second. Nixie goes to the vet again tomorrow for the itching, I worry she has infection in some places so best to have it checked out before problems occur. This vet office is a tough one for me as I took Shadow there years ago. Lance had been taking Nixie, but is just busy this time of year. We will do fine as long as we do it together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home