Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thinking Back

I was thinking about last year, when Avery came home to live with us. It seems more like years now, life sure wouldn't be the same without him in it. I saw Avery's Sister today, she is beautiful too. I hadn't seen her and the man that she is with in a few weeks, that always worries me. I learned of her existence from the people I got Avery from, they all (the man that has the sister and the folks I got Avery from, lived in the same camp. I would see the man walking her and sometime she ran next to his bike, or in the hot weather he put her in the bike trailer he used to move his cans from one location to another. She always looked well fed and taken care of and still does. I think her hair is longer because she lives out doors. Now, they live in a tent camp alone the highway, just outside of Corvallis, next to a man made lake. I see the smoke every day as I go to and from work, and always think of the pup. I wish life was different and she and Avery could meet and play, I know he would like that. I did think of something funny today as they passed me on the highway, the man has always had the dog, but in this time frame there have been at least three different women riding on the bike next to him. The moral of the story might be....a good woman is hard to find....and..a good dog is hard to leave behind.
There isn't anything funny about the life of drugs and misery these folks live in, but I truly believe that having a dog that mirrors Avery must give this man some "good" in his day, something to feel proud of and for sure something that gives him the love he must be missing in his life. Today I am thankful to live in a warm house that is made a home by the man and dogs I share it with. Thankful to the caring people that gave my sister and myself a true "Ladies" afternoon of much needed pampering and the best visiting she and I have gotten in for some time now. I am also thankful for the sun that came out for our park walk today, I needed that..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home