Sunday, October 21, 2007

Winter is coming


As soon as the weather starts to get cool and rains come, my feet start longing for the hot sands of Mexico! The picture was taken last November, Ixtapa at sunset. I loved this place, so peaceful and beautiful. We had a great time, but always do. I never understand people that say they had a bad vacation..! It's what you make it and we always make ours great. The ocean was so warm and inviting, if you could get past the giant waves, which we did several times. Me, not so gracefully! We have been going to Mexico for the past 5 years, but wont be going this year. Traz isn't able to stay at the kennel anymore, he just doesn't have the strength in his back legs like he should and he takes a lot of coaxing to get food down him these days. I know a week away from us would be much to hard on him. I don't mind, its the least we can do for him, for all he does for us. Taking care of the ones you love and understanding their limitations, when they have them, I think is very important to remember as we age. Today I am thankful all the dogs are healthy (enough) happy and at the moment sleeping! I am thankful to have the energy and ability to run and play with them each day. I am thankful to be here, on this earth to enjoy all it offers, whether it be hot sand between my toes or cool rain on my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home