Saturday, October 13, 2007

The birds are coming back


This is a picture I took last year of the pileated woodpecker in Avery park. There were two on this tree, very large with the bright red heads. You can see the holes in the tree they made to find bugs in. I enjoyed these birds so much. I even saw their babies later in the year, they were so much fun to watch play and learn to fly. They have a very distinct sound, it almost sounds like a tropical bird call. I haven't seen them for sometime now, but I think that's because Avery and I don't walk the same trail that Traz and I did, down by the river. I tried that with Avery a few days ago, but he found a group of other dogs and took off after them. He seemed to go deaf the minute he took of as I yelled my lungs out for him to come back, ha ha ha. I hope to see the woodpeckers again come spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home