Saturday, October 27, 2007

Life, Love and Laughter

I have so many great pictures on my computer, of family and fun times. I didn't always like this way of keeping pictures, in fact when we first got Nixie I was insistent that Lance print out pictures so I would have some that I could hold in my hands. He not only did that, but made me this wonderful photo album of her first year. Having three dogs is getting easier, as Avery grows up and is becoming more relaxed, so am I. He is very smart and is learning fast. The itchy mite is gone and all the dogs are feeling good again. I am so enjoying a book my sister got me, "Bark if you love me" , its about a non dog loving lady that finds herself rescuing a dog. She soon becomes a dog lover, of course. The second book, which my wonderful sis got me too, is called Dreaming in Libro. That's what she named the dog. I like what she said on the cover "a good dog tames a bad woman" ha ha ha. Louise Bernikow is the author. Reading the book made me think about just how lucky I am to have these dogs in my life and to have always had the love of a great dog in my life. Not everyone gets to experience life in this way, the unconditional love, the constant companionship, the right to act silly and talk to yourself because you always feel like you re with someone! The benefits of living with dogs are endless. Reading the book I imagine Louise will never be dog less again. I know I hope to always have a great dog. Today I am thankful for a great sister that thinks of me even when we're apart. Thankful for a sunny Oregon day to spend playing in the park and thankful to have all the time I desire with family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home