Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Special Day


This was by far one of the best days I have had in a long time, although it was spent dog less, it was a joy from start to finish. I spent it with the three men I love most in this world, Lance, my Dad and my brother Jon. Lance took this picture of Dad and Jon, both are laughing because I was trying to give them direction so they would be centered in front of the bridge, neither listened to me as you can see!
Being with my Dad is inspiring, he is nearly 80 and still is game for anything, his mood is always good and he still finds enjoyable things to do on this planet. Being with Jon reminds me to smile and be happy for today, leave the past where it belongs and look to the future. I have a ton of great childhood memories with my Dad and Jon on this same coast and on this day it was fun to take the ones that Lance and I have made over the past 29 years and blend them together. We took them to our favorite fish shack and they loved it. Jon bought Dad and him some pickled herring, the idea of them sitting around eating it made me laugh! We all went to the taffy shop and picked out candy to take home and watched the boats come and go at the dock. I felt like a kid again. By the time we headed home Jon was on the phone planning to steel head fish with friends when he got home, Dad was ready for a nap and I was ready to hug some dogs that I knew were at home waiting for us. I think Lance was ready for his recliner! Today I am thankful to make new memories, to laugh with family and friends and to feel soft dog fur on my cold feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home