Sunday, April 26, 2009

Alcatraz weekend




We took Traz to the upper Calapooia river to swim and he LOVED it...! We found an area that was calm and had a nice sand bottom as he isn't a fan of rocks under his feet. I was throwing sticks for him, but most sunk to the bottom. As we're leaving he's still trying to get that last stick off of the river bottom! We took Nixie and Avery to the Kennel for overnight so Traz could have our undivided attention. This is the second time we've taken the dogs to this new, small kennel and they LOVE it. I am so happy to have found a place that I feel good about leaving the dogs, this is going to make my life so much easier. Traz didn't seem to miss Nixie or Avery, he was relaxed and enjoyed his two days of being an only dog. I walked him on his leash a few times, he loves that. He ate cookies for lunch and had every ones share of dog bones.
Tim is slowly recovering, but wont be coming back to work for a very long time, we miss him.
I read this in an e-mail and liked it
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
I struggle with people from my past not being a part of my life now, I feel guilty about not making more time for other people. Last week I had two guilt related dreams, one was I forgot Shadow at the shop. The other was I forgot to feed Creampuff and clean her stall. Shadow has been gone over 5 years and Creampuff (the horse) gone several. What the dreams meant, who knows, but I found it funny that in my daily life, I feel guilty about letting people down and in my dreams I'm letting animals down. Last week was the first time in years that I had just sat and thought, one of things that came to mind was why I don't blog like I use to. I really got burned out raising Avery. Two years of him 24/7 took a toll on me, more than I realized at the time. Now he is with Lance in the truck all morning, then they go to the park, then he sleeps most of the afternoon and is a joy to play with when he wakes up. I have time to think about something other than Avery! I wouldn't trade the years it took to get him healthy and raised for a more peaceful two years, he is worth every minute, but I am so thankful they are over! I am thankful for the new Kennel and that we are taking a vacation in May!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home