Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Day Of 2008....





I felt like putting some pictures from the summer in, just to see the green grass and flowers again feels good! What a year it has been, good in so many ways, but so many new challenges too. I am always ready to start a new year, it gives me time to "refresh" myself and my life.
The stone near the red flower on the right is a marker for Shadow, I got it at Garlands last year. It has a pretty poem on it. It felt right having something that felt like a part of her was here with us at the new house. Not to many days go by that I still don't think about Shadow, she will always be sadly missed. However, Avery is such the dog of love! Life would not be as great as it is if it were not for Avery! He has had a sick stomach this past week, Lance made a joke that went something like this "I think hes worried about the economy, he thinks he'll have to live on the street again" It made us laugh! But, so many days I remind myself that we are safe, with a roof over our heads, plenty of food, good jobs and the love of good families. We are very fortunate and do not take that lightly. I am thankful for another day on this plant with the ones I love most and look forward to many walks in the park in 2009.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Happy New Year, Jill! Avery was so lucky to have been found by you, and you know that Nixie and Traz both know they are loved. Here's hoping that 2009 brings you an abundance of health and happiness!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home