Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day Of 2007


I have been very busy...! Preparing for Christmas for family, friends and a business takes up most of my free time in December. We had a great holiday season...! We took extra time off which gave us much needed "play" time with the dogs. Winter is hard to find good play time as most days are utilitarian, a lot of washing feet and underbellies! Oregon is very muddy in the winter and our yard is very flooded. Thankfully, the dogs don't have a problem with wet conditions. I noticed Nixie has a problem with both eye's, each has a halo of white matter on the surface of the cornea. I took her to Dr Christina and she suggested the eye vet in Corvallis, so we are going there this week. Lance said he already decided if she lost her sight he would be her seeing eye human, ha ha ha. He loves his girl, as do I. I'm keeping my hopes up until told other wise. Nixie is a fighter, that I know. Yesterday, she tried showing Avery how to go down the slide at the park, he wasn't having any of that, his front feet hit the metal and he backed right off of it. Nixie showed off, going down it 3 times! Lance took this picture a couple of days ago. Avery (far right) has such a wide chest. Nixie (middle) looks small, but her weight at the vet was 83.5..! Alcatraz, is feeling great, eating good and getting around pretty well. I did notice yesterday, when Avery took off after a squirrel, traz didn't follow. He saves his energy for more important things now, like chewing on bones and guarding the shop. Today I am thankful to have all that I love still here in my life for the beginning of another year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

The dogs look so beautiful now! No itching I hope. Winter time does have it's advantages, even though other things are difficult with the weather. I wonder if Nixie has cataracts on her eyes.

Happy New Year from Celeste and me!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home