Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Black & Tan


I opened my lap top computer today, for the first time in over a year. I noticed I started writing about the dogs, about this time last year. I had forgotten about that, but always, in the back of my mind looms a book. In my mind I call it "my first love of the four legged kind" , but today my mind said, maybe Black and Tan would be more fitting. That's the color of nearly every dog I've had, although Shadow was registers as a Black and Silver shepherd, she really was more Black and Tan. I was watching the animal plant last week and ran into the story about Michael Vick and the pit bulls, I really didn't think I could watch, but was glad I watched the ending, to see most of the dogs made it to new homes and are living a happy life. I cant even imagine, not in my wildest dreams what would compel a person to fight dogs. Its so brutal and senseless, a waste of beautiful animals. Traz, Nixie and Avery are dogs, I never forget that, and I let them enjoy as much of a dog like life as possible, but with the creature comforts of a soft bed to sleep on, a warm lap to lay a head on and an endless amount of food and water to enjoy. A lady I have run into at the park for years now, always says, "I want to come back as one of your dogs" I take that as one of the best compliments I've ever received! Toady I am thankful for warm sunny weather, a good nights sleep last night and a long three day weekend coming up to spent with the ones I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home