Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Family Motto

I read this the other day and thought...how fitting this Motto would be for our family "If you can't eat it or play with it..pee on it and walk away" A person could read several things into that, some simple, taking it for just what it says..or..complicate it and read between the lines. I believe the best thing we can do for ourselves and others is , "pee on it and walk away" Be done with it, move on, don't rehash it, so many of those lines mean the same thing. I notice as I get older I think things over, before hand, much more than I did when I was young. I like that change in myself. The dogs are sleeping longer now, the weather is changing and winter is starting to show it's self with frost on the grass in the mornings. Avery and I ran into the gal that works at the park last week, he hears her voice a mile off, and cries until I let him go so he can run to her. Shadow did the same thing, as did Nixie. She has worked in the park as longs as we've been going there, eight years now. She loves dogs and has several of her own. They live in the country somewhere. We never have much time to chat, she's working and I always have a dog or two with me. I mentioned Avery will be 2 years old soon and she mentioned she hadn't see the guy that I got Avery from in over a year now. I was glad to hear that and Avery and I decided that, that day would be the day we would "pee on it and walk away" no more past for us other than the past we have built together. Ah, Lance just got home from a bike ride and the dogs are going crazy to go see him..so off we go....Today I am thankful for a great Saturday night with my family and Sunday to be lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home