Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Perfect Day

It was a week filled with what I don't like most about life, intruders. Insurance agents and police, doing the job we asked of them after several of our work vans were broken into, but all of it is such a distraction from the normal day to day work. It was hard on the dogs too, which made it all worse. Today, we took Avery to the beach, we needed the time away and he is still young and needed the time to run. Next weekend we take Nixie to Crater lake, so I didn't feel AS bad leaving she and Traz home. I took Traz for a long walk in the fields, he peed on everything , twice, at least, so was content. Avery was perfect today, I didn't have one complaint. He listened, stayed close to my side and enjoyed himself, that being the most rewarding off all to me. I wanted him to have fun and he didn't let me down. He dug in the sand and covered me with the sand a couple of times, which made Lance laugh, something he really needed this weekend. He watched horses run on the beach and didn't chase after them, he let everyone pet him and he stayed down and enjoyed it. This day reminded me very much of the many times we took Shadow to the beach, she never met a person that could resist petting her and she loved it too. My shoes are full of sand, Avery is sound a sleep on his window seat next to my chair. Nixe and Traz are sleeping in the hall. We are a tired, happy gang. Today I am most thankful for good health, for myself, Lance and all of the dogs. I am thankful to have not one complaint, not one worry, not one chore left and its only 6 on Sunday evening! Life is Great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Holy cow, did you throw that "stick" for Avery? It looks like he brought hom a tree! I'm glad things are going well for now! Sometimes it seems like the full moon makes people do crazy things...or the Mercury retrograde when everything that can go wrong does go wrong!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home