Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nebraska Trip











Our friends showed us this great park (Yanny park in Kearney,neb) it was truly beautiful, the tower is also a part of this park as well as several lakes and gardens. The columbine was growing at Harman park, so pretty. The flags are at the Kearney Cemetery. I think being in Kearney over the memorial day holiday was really special, I had forgotten how "red-white and blue" the Midwest still is, one of the many things we really enjoy about that part of the country. We found a few of the places we use to live, but some were gone, including our first home in Kearney after we married and moved there in 1979. The town has changed a lot in the past 30 years, but the people really haven't. Same great hospitality, people look you in the eye when you walk by, and say hello. I miss that friendly feeling. Getting to see friends (pictured above) was by far the highlight of the trip.
I missed the dog's , but for the first time in a very long time, I didn't worry about them. I knew they were safe and sound with Kathleen at her kennel. They felt and looked good when we picked them up, I was so pleased about that. Today I am most thankful for friends that welcome you even if you are unexpected! Thankful for my great traveling partner, who rarely complains even though he doesn't fit in a airplane seat. Thankful for the soft fur of a dog or three to wake up to each morning and thankful for a perfect summer day to plant new flowers in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home