Thursday, September 06, 2007

Life with Dogs is Busy

I have been so busy caring for the three cuties I don't have much extra time to write about our life lately. Avery got weighed at the vet yesterday, 73 1/2 pounds! I had no idea he had gotten that big. All dogs look small compared to Traz. I started cooking some brown rice and chicken to add to Traz's food this week, he is getting thin. We took Nixie and Traz to the vet together last weekend, Nixie is doing so much better I can hardly believe it. When I gave her a bath on Wed, I only had about 3 hairs in the tub..! We are getting shots for Nixie and Avery, to kill an external parasite that they might have, its a big might have as the vet cant find one on them, but we have to try something for this itching, they all have it. Traz can not have the shot as it works in the neurological part of the body and with his already compromised system, we cant risk it...soooo Traz is going to get a Lime/Sulfur dip. He will stink and turn yellow for awhile, joy joy! All in a day with dogs. Avery is a love beyond words. He sticks to me like glue and is as smart as any dog I have ever had, maybe smarter, time will tell. Today I am thankful for this great life, enough money to care for the ones I love in it and for the most perfect weather anyone could ask for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

So strange that they might all have some external parasite that is unseen. Maybe some kind of burrowing mite like birds get? Is Avery itching too? I'm glad that Nixie is doing so well! After the frost, maybe all this stuff will end and they'll be back to their former happy selves with glorious coats!

Meanwhile we are freezing here in the humid Lima winter...and Celeste is bouncing and bubbly as usual. I hope that the warmer weather doesn't bring an itchy bug to us.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home