Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Reflection part 2

The picture is Lance with Nixie when she was about 8 or 9 weeks old. Our old yard, with Shadows dogwood tree in the back ground. It was hard for me to leave that tree. It was incredibly hard for me to move here to this house, for so many reasons. This is the road I learned to ride whisper on, back then it was gravel with a couple small farms on it. I realized after moving here that facing my past was not a bad thing. I didn't know that the good memories could and would take over and push out the bad. All I feel when I drive home to this house is JOY. I remember all the great times with friends riding horses out here, riding our bikes after school to get here and playing in the pool the folks up on the highway had. If only I had known everything would turn out alright for me, back when I was making those memories, life sure would have been easier. I don't think telling someone this would help them, it wouldn't have me, I don't think I would of believed these words, but...facing what you fear will set you free. I know that as a fact now, I'm living proof. Not everyone has a great person in there life like I do that nudges me to step outside of my comfort zone, Lance has a way of knowing what will bring me happiness. Years ago, I had been ill and gotten very heavy. He took me on a tropical vacation, of all things, just what I didn't want to do...! I had the time of my life, we had the time of our lives.
Today I am thankful for a great husband that never stops amazing me. Sunny skies and tomorrow to spend with all of my fuzzy loves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home