Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer breeze makes me feel fine


Summer brings on so many memories, great ones with my family and great ones with my husband and dogs. I think about Mom a lot this time of year, with all of the birds and new flowers blooming, they just remind me of her. Something funny, when I take the silverware from the dishwasher to the drawer I always think, I wish I had a daughter to tell this story too. (Mom and me some 25 to 28 years ago, she saying, you really need a good set of silverware. Me, not caring in the least about silverware! She, saved the betty crocker points off of cake mixes, gave me the money to put with it and Made me order that good set of every day silverware) At the time, it was just another annoying thing she did, now to this day, every time I use that same silverware that looks just like it did when new, I think of her and smile and think , this silverware is going to out live me! She was a very smart, giving and gracious lady. I hope to pass on some wisdom to someone, sometime along the way in my life. Today, I will be content to love my dogs the way , only I can. Treat my husband with all the love and respect he deserves and keep my family close to my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home