Saturday, July 21, 2007

28 years ago yesterday I said yes......


We celebrated our 28Th wedding anniversary yesterday. It hardly seems possible. The picture is Lance and I at around 20 or 21 years old, I don't remember my hair being so red, but I do remember Lance having those long sideburns, they were all the thing in the late seventies! and he liked Elvis, ha ha ha. We met at 18 years old and got married 7 months later. We moved from Oregon to Nebraska the month after we got married. We knew 2 people in Nebraska, the friends who talked us into moving there! We were truly on our own right from the start. We met great people there and had wonderful times that are now perfect memories. I was home sick a lot though, and was glad when we finally came back to Oregon for good, 17 years ago now. Lance and I have had a great life together. We've traveled and seen places we only dreamed of when were these two young kids, just starting out. We work together, spend all of our free time together and still wish there were more hours in the day to be together. Today I am thankful for this perfect life, great memories of years shared with my loving husband and of course , thankful that he's a dog lover too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow. 28 years together! That is something that I fear isn't done too often anymore. I'm glad you've made a happy life together with your husband and, of course, your dogs!

9:10 AM  
Blogger wildtomato said...

Congrats on 28 years of happiness! (I found your blog from fuzzknitter's blog.)

I adore the pictures of your GSDs and Avery. I have a GSD, Vespa, who is my special girl. I just had to comment when I saw your handsome crew.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home